Experiential Media Event: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Based in Durham, ExitEvent provides news, information and tools emerging companies and smart investors need to grow their businesses.Exit Event
American Underground is one of eight Google for Entrepreneur Tech Hubs and home to more than 225 startups.American Underground
Strategic public relations enables you to get your stories and ideas in front of your target audiences, leading to many potential benefits. The key to public relations is in the term itself: RELATIONSHIPS. Put this into practice at our one-day media event!
1. Build relationships with some 20 local, national and international journalists who cover entrepreneurship and innovation in some capacity.
2. Exchange ideas with academics, PR professionals at schools, policy professionals and start-up founders / communications directors.
3. Learn PR tips and tactics from experts.
4. Local North Carolina convenience with global perspectives! In addition to a global media panel, journalists from eNews Channel Africa (South Africa’s most watched television news station), Westdeutscher Rundfunk (Germany), the European Broadcast Union, WeltN24 (Germany), the Korean Broadcasting System and the Anhui Broadcasting Corporation (China) will be in attendance.
5. Great location! Hang out at the ballpark with us! We'll be at an event room at the Durham Bulls Baseball park - right behind home plate and with views of the entire field.
6. Space is limited! We are capping the event at 100 to facilitate networking and meaningful conversations.
Fast Company's Fast Co.Exist - Staff WriterVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Writer for Mashable and The Daily MuseVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Content Director - Grupo de Diarios AmericaVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Senior Editor, Tech CrunchVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Producer, CCTV and OthersVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Rue89-NouvelObs, ColumnistVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Associated Press - Business WriterVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
WUNC - Changing Economy ReporterVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Exit Event - EditorVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
News and Record Greensboro - Higher Education ReporterVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
WRAL Tech Wire - Editor and Co-founderVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Think Tank Creator and Executive Director at Duke University's Fuqua / Coach K Center on Leadership and EthicsVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
TWC News - News DirectorVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Triangle Business Journal - Staff WriterVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
Reporter - eNCA NewsVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
WUNC The State of Things, ProducerVIEW ALL SPEAKERS
If you work for a start-up in any capacity, don't miss out on this event! If your start-up is an American Underground member, ask Adam Klein about the code to receive a 20% discount.$295 Buy Now
If you work in higher education - either as an academic, administrator, communicator or staff of a center focused on entrepreneurship / innovation - then this event is for you.$295 Buy Now
Have an interest in entrepreneurship but not working with a start-up or in a higher education setting? Are you involved in research, technology or working for a policy-focused organization? If yes, join us for the event.$295 Buy Now